Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Successful End To The BSEC Season For KTM UK riders Tom Church and Daryl Bolter

Tom Church

KTM UK backed riders Tom Church and Daryl Bolter secure second and third overall in the Husqvarna ACU British Sprint Enduro Championship at a hot and sunny Canada Heights.

Capping off an impressive debut season in the BSEC, former top flight motocross rider, Tom Church finished third overall in Elite at round nine of the series to cement his place as runner up in the hotly contested series. Finding the challenging mix of woodland and motocross to his liking, Church put in one of his strongest rides of the season to finish behind Enduro World Championship contenders Matti Seistola and Jordan Rose. Holding a solid second overall during the mid way point in the race, the KTM rider made a couple of mistakes to end his day in third – just seven seconds behind Rose.

Placing fourth at round nine, Bolter rapidly improved at round ten. Making a fast start to the morning, the KTM rider placed less than nine seconds behind Seistola at the end of lap one. However, while trying to fight off a heavy dose of hay fever, Bolter also faced a strong challenge from Ryan Voase. Unable to maintain his early morning pace he narrowly missed out on second place by three seconds but secured third overall in the BSEC series.

In Under 19, KTM’s Steve Holcombe was yet again the rider to beat. Determined to end his season with a perfect scorecard, the 18-year old claimed victory at round nine and ten.

KTM’s Jane Daniels secured another double win to also end her BSEC season unbeaten. Clearly enjoying the perfect conditions at the spectacular Canada Heights, Daniels easily won round nine before repeating the same result at round ten. Behind her, world downhill mountain biking star, Fionn Griffiths produced her strongest ride of the season to claim second.

Daryl Bolter, Elite (3-3): “I found it a little difficult this weekend to run the pace I wanted to. I suffer from hay fever and at times I found it hard to breathe. During the last couple of tests at round ten I was really fatigued and struggled to hold on. It was frustrating as my speed was fast early on and I should have been able to finish second instead of third. But overall it’s been a really good season. I’m enjoying riding the KTM 350 EXC and very pleased to have finished on the podium.”

Steve Holcombe, Under 19 (1-1): “I’m delighted to have won all the rounds of the championship. Coming into the season I didn’t expect to be so dominant and it’s taken me by surprise. Round nine was a tough fight between myself and Joe Wootton. He lead early on and then I crashed hard trying to catch him and lost a lot of time. However, he also crashed in the following special test and that put me back in front and allowed me to win. At round ten I just tried to ride smooth and doing that helped me to grab another win. It’s been a perfect season and I’ve loved every venue we’ve rode at. My goal next year is to move up to Under 23 where hopefully I can continue to improve both my speed and results. I’d also like to thank JD Racing for all their help this season.”

Jane Daniels, Women (1-1): “It’s been another great weekend for me to be honest. At round nine the track was quite soft and rutted early on but as the sun came out it dried very quickly and by mid day conditions were perfect. After riding Erzberg last weekend I thought I would suffer a little with tiredness but I’ve felt fine and I’m really happy to have ended the championship with two more wins.”

Fionn Griffiths, Women (2-2): “It’s been a good event for me. I hadn’t raced since the Enduro World Championship in Portugal in May so to come here and finish second has been very rewarding. I’ve loved racing in the BSEC, it’s well organised and on par with any of the world events I’ve competed in. Hopefully, if it doesn’t conflict with my downhill mountain bike championship I’ll be back next year to contest the full series.”

Husqvarna ACU British Sprint Enduro Championship
June 16/17; Canada Heights, Kent
Results:

Round nine

Elite
1. Matti Seistola (Husqvarna) 1:10:49.41; 2. Jordan Rose (TM) 1:11:51.08; 3. Tom Church (KTM) 1:11:58.78; 4. Daryl Bolter (KTM) 1:12:08.86; 5. Lee Edmondson (Honda) 1:13.53.64… 7. Aaran Poolman (KTM) 1:15:19.39…

Under 19
1. Steve Holcombe (KTM) 1:15:27.27; 2. Robert Johnson (Husqvarna) 1:17:14.74; 3. James Dent (KTM) 1:17:59.27; 4. Stuart Owen (Yamaha) 1:18:44.77; 5. Joe Wootton (Kawasaki) 1:18:44.94…

Women
1. Jane Daniels (KTM) 1:25:16.56; 2. Fionn Griffiths (KTM) 1:38:37.38; 3. Katy Bullock (Husqvarna) 1:41:57.04; 4. Stephanie Rowe (AJP) 2:04:21.56

Round ten

Elite
1. Matti Seistola (Husqvarna) 59:32.94; 2. Ryan Voase (Kawasaki) 1:01:27.80; 3. Daryl Bolter (KTM) 1:01:30.22; 4. Jordan Rose (TM) 1:01:34.64; 5. Lee Edmondson (Honda) 1:02:44.76… 7. Aaran Poolman (KTM) 1:04:11.98…

Under 19
1. Steve Holcombe (KTM) 1:02:21.61; 2. Joe Wootton (Kawasaki) 1:03:42.58; 3. Robert Johnson (Husqvarna) 1:05:28.45; 4. James Dent (KTM) 1:05:28.45; 5. Stuart Owen (Yamaha) 1:06:26.29…

Women
1. Jane Daniels (KTM) 1:12:16.40; 2. Fionn Griffiths (KTM) 1:21:36.28; 3. Katy Bullock (Husqvarna) 1:24:55.20: 4. Stephanie Rowe (AJP) 1:46:35.13

Source: http://moto.mpora.com/race-reports/successful-end-to-the-bsec-season-for-ktm-uk-riders-tom-church-and-daryl-bolter.html

Maximilian Nagl Dusty Klatt Neil Hudson Jorgen Nilsson

No comments:

Post a Comment