Monday, August 27, 2012

Justin Homan visits the hospital

Justin Homan was out this weekend putting in some seat time and laying out his list of FMX tricks with some friends.

Early Sunday while at his local moto track, Homan ended his day short with an unfortunate crash sending him to the hospital. The nurse must of not given him enough painkillers because Homan gave us a call from his ER stretcher to tell us how it all went down.

MM: We saw a photo of your leg on your twitter… what happened?

HOMAN: Well Sunday I was riding Moto at the track with the boys, just warming up and getting some laps in. It was kind of crowded, your typical weekend track day with first timers, rookies, and a few vets out there. I came to this section of the track that went to a downhill jump. I was trying to avoid this dude who was so slow and a complete “lapper”. I moved over and tried to take the inside line and held it wide open for the pass. I don’t remember much but I landed on the edge/wall of the track and took myself out. I have it all on my helmet cam so I’ll send that over once I get out of the hospital so the Mulisha fans can check it out.

MM: So what broke and how are you holding up?

HOMAN: After the crash I came to my senses a bit and looked down and my leg wasn’t there! I looked around sketching out, and dude it was wrapped under my ass behind me. I wasn’t sure what to think at that point haha. I was just chilling there in a little pain but what can you do. I was surprised that it didn’t hurt that bad compared to other injuries I’ve had. The medics came over and shipped me out to the hospital.

MM: What did they find out at the hospital?

HOMAN: Right now I’m just sitting here in the ER room. I took on a broken Femur in two spots and a fractured pelvis. The break was 4 inches below my pelvis and 3 inches above my knee so it wasn’t as bad as it could have been.

MM: Damn! Well what is the next move for you?

HOMAN: Right now I am just waiting on surgery. I just want to get out of here and go back home with the family. I have been killing lots of time Tweeting Potter, Fitz and a bunch of other fans. I think I am going to watch Black Friday again when surgery is over haha.

Hit up Homan on twitter at @MX13Homan and leave him a get better message below.

The post Justin Homan visits the hospital appeared first on MetalMulisha.com.

Source: http://www.metalmulisha.com/blog/2012/08/justin-homan-visits-the-hospital/

Richard Eierstedt Paul Friedrichs Thomas Hahn Jeff Alessi

No comments:

Post a Comment